All great adventures need some kind of plan, however for a trip longer than a few weeks, not every detail can be planned. Zoë is a planner and usually when we go on holiday we have our accommodation and travel booked well in advance. For this trip we will be loosely planning as we go along. This will be a challenge for both of us and requires us getting used to last minute arrangements and flexibility. However our first challenge has been to obtain Russian visas and, in order to do this we have had to book flights and choose our arrival and departure dates.
For now our plan looks like this:
- Our 3 week honeymoon in Morocco, testing out our packing strategy and equipment
- Summer in Eastern Europe in our campervan ‘Trevor`
- Trans-mongolian railway from St Petersburg to Beijing
- Backpacking in South East Asia
- Fly to, and tour around India